Let's Tour the Carlsbad
- The Carlsbad Caverns National Park
contains more than 80 limestone caves. Explain how
limestone caves are formed.
- Our first stop on the tour is the Big
Room. Click HERE
to visit this part of the Carlsbad Cavern. How long does
it take to do the whole walk through the Big Room?
- Click NEXT in the Big Room Photo
Gallery and describe what one unusual cave formation
- Continue your tour by clicking next
and find the stalactite named by park rangers in 1928.
What name did they give it?
- Continue clicking NEXT until you
discover why Park Rangers go down into the Bottomless Pit
once a year.
- Why are the tiny stalactites in the
Doll's Theater called "soda straws"?
- Click on this link
, to see the entrance to the Carlsbad Caverns. Click
BEGIN to start your tour. In the early 1900's, what scary
method did people use to get into the cave?
- What special sight can only be seen
at certain times of the year?
- What special animal formation do
children love to look for?
- What interesting cave formation do
you see on this page?
Click on the picture to discover its name.
- Which room in the cave
was used for the movie "Journey to the Center of the
- What kind of animal on this
is encased in a stalagmite?
- If you don't like insects, the dark,
tight squeezes, and dirtyou probably won't
- What holiday does this
remind you of? Why?
- Can you find Green
Lake? Why is it green?
This Grade 4 Science WebHunt was created by:
Our Lady of
Last updated March 14, 2001