The Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board is committed to support students and their parents requesting help in resolving issues regarding the services provided by this school board.
The Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board By-Law Establishing Procedures for the Examination of Complaints from Students or their Parents outlines the procedure to be followed by the school board, students and parents for the examination of complaints from students or their parents in order to protect students’ rights.
STEPS IN THE PROCESS FOR THE EXAMINATION OF A COMPLAINT:
1. Discuss with the teacher or the person concerned by the complaint;
Unsatisfied with the outcome?
2. Discuss with the school principal and/or the director of the service concerned;
Still unsatisfied with the outcome of steps 1 and 2?
3. Complete the online form to submit your complaint to the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board.
ONLINE COMPLAINT FORM
All complaints must be submitted using the new online complaint form (You can complete the form in English or French)
By clicking the “submit” button at the end of the form, your complaint will automatically be forwarded to the School Board and you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
In dealing with your complaint we will ensure that you receive:
- a timely response;
- fair treatment;
- respect for confidentially;
- reasons for our decision.
In making your complaint we would expect that you:
- raise issues in a timely manner;
- treat the SWLSB personnel with respect and courtesy;
- provide accurate and concise information in relation to the issues you raise;
- respect the complaint management process;
- engage in the spirit of collaboration.