Josée Côté, President – 450 712-4045
- Thirty-five years of experience in education
- Retired principal of the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board who has worked in several regions
- Director General of the Centre d’action bénévole Saint-Jérôme
“The Foundation and the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board are two entities joined by a deep commitment to family values and quality education. As president of the Foundation, I will continue to uphold this mission and I remain committed to supporting the best possible education for our students.”
Archie Cifelli, Vice President
- Business and family man involved in the community
- Administrator and General Manager – LSM Lumière, Son, Multimédia Inc.
“Our children are our future. They will continue where we left off, and the Foundation is there to support them and help them succeed.”
Steve Ceccolini, Treasurer
- Proud parent of two students at the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board
- Seven years as Governing Board member
“Four years ago, I was asked to join the Sir Wilfrid Laurier Foundation. As I had already attended a few of their events at the time, I accepted the invitation with pleasure and looked forward to providing my assistance and organizing events. I am overwhelmed with joy each time I see first-hand how students benefit from the Foundation’s activities.
One of my favourite events is definitely the Laurier Gala, during which selected students receive accolades and bursaries or display their talent on the big stage!
I hope to see you all soon at our next Foundation event!”
- Born and raised in Chomedey, Laval
- Attended Crestview Elementary, Western Laval Junior High and Chomedey High
- Diploma of College Studies in Commerce, Vanier College
- Software sales, Ceridian Canada
- Father of five children who all attended Hillcrest Academy going back as far as 2000
- Fundraising Director of Hillcrest Academy Home and School Association
- Vice Chair of Hillcrest Academy’s Governing Board for several years
“I am extremely passionate about giving back to the community and it is for this reason that I think I can be an asset to the Sir Wilfrid Laurier Foundation.”
Harold W. Ashenmil, Q.C.
- Attorney specializing in intellectual property law
- SWLSB Commissioner, Ward 8
- Operations Specialist, HSBC Canada
“As a graduate of our school board who has been involved in our community for quite some time now, it was only fitting for me to join a dynamic and motivated organization that gives back to students in the English education network. Together, we will continue to raise funds and awareness in support of our SWLSB family.”
Sandra Di Iorio
- Market Development Director, Caisse Desjardins Thérèse-De Blainville
- Manager in the banking industry for more than 25 years
“I am a member of the Board of Directors of the Sir Wilfrid Laurier Foundation because I wish to be involved in an organization that has the success of students of our community at heart. I wish to play a role by sharing my ideas and my experience as a mother of three beautiful boys.”
James Di Sano
- SWLSB Commissioner, Ward 7
- National Congress of Italian-Canadians – Board of Directors
- Member Services Agent and Social Media Manager, Caisse populaire Desjardins canadienne italienne
“Since assuming the role of commissioner in 2018, I have always put forward the best for our SWLSB students. I joined the Board of Directors of the Sir Wilfrid Laurier Foundation to bring to the table a young and fresh perspective and I remain committed to my goal: giving back to our students! I am a proud graduate of the SWLSB and a youth advocate who is actively involved in the community through various charitable initiatives.”
- School principal
- 25 years of experience in education in the youth sector and the adult and vocational training sector.
“Having worked in three school boards in Québec, my heart is now with the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board.
I want to help and to collaborate on projects with my second family, the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board, by sharing the reality of the schools in the best interest of all SWL students.”
- Vice President, Planning and Development, Groupe Montoni (1995) Division Construction Inc.
- Retired; founding member of the Sir Wilfrid Laurier Foundation
- Thirty-seven years as commissioner of the SWLSB
- Past chairman of the Executive Committee of the SWLSB
- BSc (Concordia University)
- Son, daughter and two grandchildren attended our schools
“I started the Foundation in 2004 with two other commissioners because of our passion for education and the need for funds in our schools.”
Gaëlle Absolonne, Director General, SWLSB
Paolo Galati, Chairperson, SWLSB